Friday 8 March 2013

forever young. deep inside.

today a lady paid me a compliment, when it should have been entirely the other way around. I was silently bagging my groceries when the woman behind the till asked, wearing the largest of smiles, for my ID. this was so utterly unexpected, irrespective of me buying a bottle of wine, that me handing over my document was the clumsiest of things. and I dare anyone try and show an untrained foreigner where the date of birth on a Romanian ID is... the lady excused herself by saying: I am positive you are over 18 but, by law, we have to challenge everyone who looks younger than 25. and she received completely unexpected assistance from the lady behind me in the queue who said in a very out loud voice: he is definitely younger than 25. just look how pitch dark his beard is!
therefore, on your very special and international day, my dear ladies, I thank you for making us smile at the most startling of moments and I wish you the best there is to wish for out there.
and by all means, do keep on dazzling us!


2 comments:

Lavinia said...

Imi amintesc cand vroiam sa intru in baruri si in cluburi in Canada si trebuia sa le explic alora ca data de nastere e in CNP:)))) Tinerelule:))))

Mister Chocolate said...

lăsând la o parte faptul că este ridicol de mare și nu încape în niciun portofel de om normal, au decis să scrie în 3 limbi diferite, dar nu s-au gândit și la chestia asta cu data de naștere... tipic. intră în galeria maximelor românești de genul metroului din bucurești care arăta câte minute au trecut de la ultima garnitură care a trecut în stație sau al noilor semafoare din sublimul centru al craiovei pe care scrie, deasupra butoanelor în cauză, că trebuie să apeși ca să se facă verde. în engleză și în italiană. cred că o scriu o postare despre chestiile astea.